Mindanao has once been called the Land of Promise. But after decades of interfaith struggle, corruption and lack of support for education, the promise remains to be seen. One may find it ironic that despite the region’s vast resources, it was not able to progress as well as Visayas and Luzon.
One critical yet often neglected resource is the generation of young men and women who will be inheriting the successes and mistakes of the present – the youth. Empowering the Youth of Mindanao is the transcendent purpose why this project came into existence. The fundamental belief is that when the youth is enabled to take on the existing and emerging challenges, then Mindanao could very well be the Land of Results, and not just promises.
One Young Mindanao is an advocacy project that is geared towards exploring, igniting, and nurturing the leadership potential of the youth. At this time, we recognize the following realities:
- The participation of the private sector in Mindanao in youth development has been steadily increasing but it has not reached the desired level so as to radically minimize the number of out of school youth.
- Engagement of students is hampered by the school’s inability to progressively broaden its role in community development.
Given these realities, OYM shall seek to:
- Introduce and promote a progressive mindset and a results-driven culture to fuel personal and professional growth
- Provide a platform for encouraging leadership initiatives among the youth.
- Engage the young leaders to support collaborative efforts that address existing and emerging concerns
The One Young Mindanao is anchored on three flagship programs:
- Green Brigade – A 1 to 3 hour empowerment workshop that aims on introducing fundamental leadership concepts to out-of-school youth and students.
- Green Movers – A 3-session intensive leadership course for young students who have great desire to create sustainable projects in their respective communities.
- ASEANpreneurs Caravan – A signature interactive talk designed to explore the entrepreneurial competencies of the participants and create greater awareness to alternative pathways to financial success.
For inquiries and proposals on One Young Mindanao, you may coordinate with:
One Young Mindanao
Green Valley College Foundation, Inc.
GVCF Campus, General Santos Drive
City of Koronadal, South Cotabato